Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Days 21 and 22 - August 28 and 29 - Paris - Bali

Finally arrived in Bali after almost 36 hours in transit, so have combined two daily entries into one.

Alarm went off at 630am, had bath, packed and off to catch bus to airport at 745am, arrived airport at 830am, then 12 hour flight to Singapore, 10 hour stopover in Singapore, two and a half hour flight to Bali, then a couple of hours getting through the rather elaborate Indonesian security before arriving at the hotel.

So I can tell you a good deal about Singapore's airport but perhaps not very much of any great interest.

The shame of it was that I couldn't sleep on the first flight and then felt I shouldn't doze off at the airport as I was alone and it would leave my things unguarded.

Still Bali is beautiful and sunny and paradise-like and the place where I am staying has everything I could possibly ask for including deckchairs and a pool. I think after wearing my feet out in France, I am going to spend a fair bit of time sitting in the sun here.

No comments:

Post a Comment