Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 12 - August 19th - London

Last day in London and I spent the morning on a work related matter! Ended up taking five hours! You're suddenly aware of how much the brain is in holiday mode and that suddenly having to concentrate is a change of pace. Ended up taking five hours, and at the end of it I felt a bit tired. But it was the first summer day of the trip so I felt like I should get out in it. So I did something I have never done before and took the famous British double-decker sightseeing bus as it wandered around London. I sat in the sun and followed the commentary, and rejuvenated myself.

Again I leave London with things not done that I would have liked to have done. I still haven't looked through the Tower of London, something I would very much like to do. Still it's nice to have things still to look forward to for my next visit to London, and I hope there will be a next one.

I have done a lot of the things I wanted to do including a couple of shows, a fair bit of sight-seeing and a  fair bit of catching up with people. Next time I will definitely try and come over during a Lord's test and I will know to book tickets a long time in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment