Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 6 August 13th - London - Edinburgh

In Scotland for the Festival. I've been here just one time before. I spend most of my first day here organising the rest of the time here.

The hotel I am staying at is a bit out of town - at Leith on the banks of the Firth of Forth. The Malmaison is described as the best place to stay in the city by the comedian Marcus Brigstocke today. It is great to be by the water and it is only 10 minutes into the centre of the city. It is a beautiful hotel and the people are astonishingly friendly. Even the visitor information is written in a human way.

And yes! It has a bath, which is designed for an adult and where it has separate hot and cold taps with good pressure. This may seem obvious and perhaps it is, but it's not all that common. Annoyingly though it has a glass partition, designed to stop water from showers spraying on to the bathroom floor, but this for me, means I have to jump into the bath to turn the taps on. Don't most people try to run a bath from the outside of it?

One of the pleasures of being on holiday is a hearty breakfast. A good breakfast is surely the most pleasant meal of the day, and sets me up, as I miss other meals till the evening. At home I don't always have breakfast as I am often working at 5am and my stomach can't bear the thought of food at 4am. Perhaps I will have to change my habits as I'm sure it can't be healthy to come home after work, make myself a sandwich and have a nap, as I often do.

No comments:

Post a Comment