Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 8 - August 15th - Edinburgh

Part of the reason for coming to the other side of the world for a holiday was in the hope of getting some sun. I didn't get one really sunny day in London. There was some sun the other day in Edinburgh but it was accompanied by a coolish Wellington-style breeze. Yet people were saying it was the best weather they had had in ages. I guess I didn't expect tropical weather in Edinburgh, but is it too much to ask that I be able to go out in a short-sleeved shirt?

I forgot to bring my sunhat but the truth is that in just over a week I would have had no reason to wear it. I bought a cap at the airport - my first ever cap in my life - but it has mainly been in use to hide my bald head.

Of course I am still far better off than friends, family and workmates back home who have been struggling with the snow. There seems to be a love-hate relationship with the snow, people loving the beauty of snowy scenes, but hating the disruption it causes.

It was cool if not cold in Edinburgh yesterday but I still wandered round the town, and took in two more shows. Ed Byrne is one of the best young comedians and was really very good. I also saw one of the city's chat shows and found that very entertaining too.

My last day today. I really must come longer next time and buy tickets earlier. Three shows booked for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment